Wednesday 10 April 2013

What's in my makeup bag...

What's in my makeup bag #1


Today's post is going to be the much loved "what's in my make up bag" tag! Before we jump in, I thought I'd let you know the sort of things I look for when purchasing make up and my skin type.

Firstly, I'm a full coverage kind of gal, when I wear make up I'm all or nothing. Done up to the nines or bare as a babies bottom! 

The reason for my love of full coverage, is my much loved (not) oily skin! The only products that seem to keep on my skin are the full coverage ones - which is how our love started!


Below is my beloved Cath Kidston make-up bag, I got it in the sale and absolutely j'adore it! You can still pick it up in store and online @ www.cathkidston.com






First of all, I start off with prepping my skin ready for the glorious amount of products I will be using!

Clinique moisteriser - Oil free with an SPF of 25, absolutely brilliant moisteriser and great for keeping my oily skin at bay.

Urban Decay 'De-slick' Setting spray - a setting spray that really does do the trick! keeps my make-up in place all day long.

Benefit 'Porefessional' - absolutely incredible product to minimise pores!







Although below looks like a lot of products, these are the products I use after prepping my skin...

Estee Lauder double wear foundation - my number 1 foundation and would recommend to anybody who like the fuller coverage with oily skin! holy grail material.

Collection 2000 concealer - every girl should have this in their collection!

Estee Lauder double wear loose powder - sets my holy grail foundation in perfect position for the day!

Sleek contour kit in the shade 'medium' - although a little dark, absolute bargain price at around the £8 mark and blends beautifully...obviously comparable to the 'Nars; Laguna' bronzer.

Real techniques buffing brush - buffs my foundation in wonderfully.

Estee Lauder large powder brush.

MAC Powder blush in 'Pink Swoon' - gives a lovely dolly/perfectly pinched look to your rosey cheeks.

Dior Amber Diamond - A very luxurious product; fine highlighting powder which doesnt make lines, wrinkles or pores obvious, just gives a perfect glowy look.





When it comes to my eyes, I'm extremely boring (lets face it I have already used half of my products to try and get the perfect skin, so by the time I get to my eyes I'm past caring!)

YSL Shocking Mascara in Black - does what it says on 'the tin'

Elizabeth Arden eyelash curlers - give a beautiful full curl to any dull/short lashes!

24 Colour tattoo - goes perfectly with blue eyes!

Boots own brow brush - tames my lioness brows!




Lips & favourite perfume

MAC Lustre in Syrup - day wear lipstick!

MINT scrub from Lush - does a great job at getting rid of any problem dry skin!

Amor Amor - absolutely beautiful smelling perfume!











Here is the finished look! I hope you enjoyed!
 
(If you'd like detailed reviews on the products shown please don't hesitate in commenting to ask)
 
@barbieandpie

3 comments:

  1. So jealous you have the Dior Amber Diamonds, I'd love to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing - MUA do a product similar for £1! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What colour '24 colour tattoo' do you use? :) x

    ReplyDelete